Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i have a 2.5 inch TF budget boost on my jkur. Installed a PS brawler lite with Bar and e-disco skid plate (i guesstimate about 150 pounds maybe) and now my front end is sagging badly and the sway bar is higher than it should be due to this.
Will removing the front spacers and throwing in 2.5 coils fix this or will i need anything else tocget back to level

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
Since you have a JKUR, which is already heavier, (the 4 door),plus you have added approx. 150 lbs. additional weight, then I would leave the spacers in, and add some stronger front springs, to compensate!

What number springs do you currently have in the front?
Just look at the last two digits on the spring tags. The spring numbers will run from 12, to 19. The higher the number, the more lift you will receive!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Looks like you have about 1/2 inch of up travel before the bump stops hit. I would think new 2.5 springs is all you need.
And loose the spacers

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Since you have a JKUR, which is already heavier, (the 4 door),plus you have added approx. 150 lbs. additional weight, then I would leave the spacers in, and add some stronger front springs, to compensate!

What number springs do you currently have in the front?
Just look at the last two digits on the spring tags. The spring numbers will run from 12, to 19. The higher the number, the more lift you will receive!
Correction, the higher the last number the firmer the spring. JKU installing JKU 18/59 or 19/60 springs typically won’t get any height, just a firmer spring that may take any sag out. Since he has a Rubicon Unlimited he should have the 18/59 already, that is a ton of sag.

If you throw in 2.5” lift springs, from say Teraflex, you will gain 2.5” in lift height. Their springs will be stiff enough to support the weight and give you height. You may not want that since you are not getting bigger tires. You can go with the Teraflex Performance Leveling kit, which will support the weight and will level your stance out. Or you can go with something like Rock Krawler’s 1.5” lift kit.

-Dan

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,001 Posts
Correction, the higher the last number the firmer the spring. JKU installing JKU 18/59 or 19/60 springs typically won’t get any height, just a firmer spring that may take any sag out. Since he has a Rubicon Unlimited he should have the 18/59 already, that is a ton of sag.

If you throw in 2.5” lift springs, from say Teraflex, you will gain 2.5” in lift height. Their springs will be stiff enough to support the weight and give you height. You may not want that since you are not getting bigger tires. You can go with the Teraflex Performance Leveling kit, which will support the weight and will level your stance out. Or you can go with something like Rock Krawler’s 1.5” lift kit.

-Dan
Agree, if he already has 18/59s. But what we have experienced here on the Forum, is, just because it is a unlimited Rubicon, that doesn't mean that it has the higher number springs, but only rather it will have upgraded shocks. Granted, the 4 door should have higher number springs, verses the 2 door, but we haven't always seen that!
Until he checks to see what he already has, then it is a unknown..:D

Plus firmer springs will give you more height, because they won't collapse as much, when the body weight is applied...:thumb:

But if he already has 18/59s, (which is a unknown), then 19/60s isn't the answer!

Sure if he wants to spend the money on another lift, and or leveling kit, well then that's another option.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I suspect the previous owner might hace swapped the springs as only one of the front ones had a tag and it said 15 and tone of the rears said 59... I guess ill look into a used front set or springs

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There will still be some sagging with 18 or 19s though right? Because if the added weight in the front

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i might as well wait until i can get a set of tf or rk 2.5 front springs and avoid having to do the whole thing twice later on if im unhappy with factory 18s or 19 spring

1 - 12 of 12 Posts