Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a bb. Just for some added clearance for when I put the 31s on. I was going to go the RC route but after some research saw nothing but bad reviews. I've read good about both sj and RE. But side by side how would they compare? I've noticed the re is cheaper and has the twin tube shocks. How do the sj shocks hold up? Just a dd do a little mudding here and there nothing major.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I can't say anything about the RE bb but i have the skyjacker one on mine atm. I really have nothing to compair it to but I like it. The ride is a little rough but not to bad, but I think shoving that 2 inch spacer in makes the ride rough with any bb lift

·
Registered
839 Posts
fourty4magjr said:
I can't say anything about the RE bb but i have the skyjacker one on mine atm. I really have nothing to compair it to but I like it. The ride is a little rough but not to bad, but I think shoving that 2 inch spacer in makes the ride rough with any bb lift
Its not the spacers its the shocks. The spacer just sits on top of the stock coil springs so you get the same ride out of the springs. Shocks make all the difference in the world when it comes to ride. A lot of good things have been said about the re bb with monotubes. Little more money than the twin tubes but you get what you pay for in ride quality.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Its not the spacers its the shocks. The spacer just sits on top of the stock coil springs so you get the same ride out of the springs. Shocks make all the difference in the world when it comes to ride. A lot of good things have been said about the re bb with monotubes. Little more money than the twin tubes but you get what you pay for in ride quality.
I see...lol thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought that the coil springs was pushed down by the spacer which would make for a stiffer ride but I guess not :thumb:

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Maybe I am missing out...but I am totally happy with the 2" BB spacers and stock shocks. (never once have I thought, "this ride is harsh or sucks!")

So I would just get a kit with the spacers and bumpstop extensions and then buy whatever shocks you want to go it.

http://www.4ws.com/jeep-wrangler-tj-2-budget-boost.html

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Maybe I am missing out...but I am totally happy with the 2" BB spacers and stock shocks. (never once have I thought, "this ride is harsh or sucks!")

So I would just get a kit with the spacers and bumpstop extensions and then buy whatever shocks you want to go it.

Jeep Wrangler TJ 2" Budget Boost - Suspension Lift Kits - Suspension
Never said i disliked the ride lol :thumb: just saying that to some it would be a little to rough. i personally like it, i hate a soft riding vehicle it reminds me to much of a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts