Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying the terraflex budget boost 2.5" and their Falcon 3.1 shocks? I want to do a metalcloak lift but on a budget for now. My Thought is that I could maybe spend my budget on awesome shocks then upgrade to the full suspension later after I have $1,500 to spend on the metalcloak lift without shocks. Thanks!

:popcorn:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm just wondering what people thought of going this route. I just put on 35" and flat fenders but I'm still getting a little plastic rubbing.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
You would have to use the shortest Falcons for your budget boost, but you'd want the 2.5 version for the Metalcloak lift...

The budget boost cannot support the length of the 3.1 series 2.5 falcons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well there goes that idea! haha So the 2.5” budget boost without the shock extensions wouldn’t fit the 2.5” falcon 3.1 shocks?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Too much shock for the budget boost. With what you would have in the 3.1s and the BB, you could buy a very nice and capable Rocksport Edition lift from MC that you can add to later.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
well there goes that idea! haha So the 2.5” budget boost without the shock extensions wouldn’t fit the 2.5” falcon 3.1 shocks?
Right, the 3.1 Falcon's for 2.5 are unusually long. So much so that they are too long for the TF 2.5 lift. They are fine with lifts that have long springs, like the Metalcloak and Rock Krawler lifts.

The Falcon's for 0-2 are really a 1.5-2.5 shock. They have an extended length of 25.7 which is 1/2" longer than the OME 60066M that is used on their 2.5" lift.

The Falcon 2.5-3.5 extended length is 28.1 which is almost an inch longer than the Rancho 31's that we use for a 4" lift... Yes, they are that long. The Metalcloak Rocksports are 27.3 and used on their long travel 3.5's.

You really have to design the system around using Falcon shocks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pressurized! Very helpful information and specifications!! Would the 0-2” Falcons work for a budget boost and the Metalcloak 2.5” lift ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts