Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M planning on putting a 2.5" lift on my 2015 JK 2 door with 33" tires. It's my DD and on my two weeks off I take it to the cabin and plan on playing in any mud I can find so it sees its fair share of off-road.

I found a teraflex 2.5" budget boost with shocks on quadratec for 550$ free shipping.
So my question is what is the big difference between a budget boost and a standard lift kit?

Thanks

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
You will be using your factory springs and adding spacers instead of replacing the springs. Some people like the ride better with the TF springs. BTW, I sell Teraflex products. I will shoot you a price via PM for both kits. Also for the kits with shock adapters. This will save you some money until your factory shocks wear out.

PM coming.

Allen

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't do either one!! With those tires and its your DD just get an EVO leveling kit and call it a day. Stance will be improved and you won't lose your stock quality ride. This is a no brainier for a 2 door.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do either one!! With those tires and its your DD just get an EVO leveling kit and call it a day. Stance will be improved and you won't lose your stock quality ride. This is a no brainier for a 2 door.

So your saying with 33" tires it's just pointless??
I work two weeks on two weeks off so my two weeks off she should see atleast a weekend jeep meet kind trip in the trails.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
The beauty of the TeraFlex BB is that you retain factory ride and get the extra clearance. This is the best option if you are staying with factory bumpers. Use your factory shocks for now with the adapters.

However, if your plan is to get steel bumpers and a winch in the very new future, go right to a kit with new springs. The factory springs are just not heavy enough to carry the extra weight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The beauty of the TeraFlex BB is that you retain factory ride and get the extra clearance. This is the best option if you are staying with factory bumpers. Use your factory shocks for now with the adapters. However, if your plan is to get steel bumpers and a winch in the very new future, go right to a kit with new springs. The factory springs are just not heavy enough to carry the extra weight.
So if I've already installed a front and rear XRC bumper then budget boost is out the window and a 2.5" lift with springs is my go to then? I figured that's where I stood, I should have put the bumper situation in the original post

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great choice of lift and it will still drive like a dream and greatly improve your off-road capability. Also it will give you the height you need if one day you would like to jump up to a 35 inch tire.

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
Just so you know, Quadratec "Free Shipping" exclusions:

* Free Shipping Special Offer Details To qualify for FREE shipping the parts on an individual order must meet a combined total value of $75 or more. Customer must select Standard Shipping in the checkout and ship to an address in the contiguous 48 United States. Some parts require additional handling charges due to their large size or weight: including wheels, tires, full suspension lift kits, oversized bumpers, tire carriers, body tubs, hard tops, cargo racks, winches and hitches. Oversized items, items that are delivered by truck freight, prior purchases and returns do not qualify for free shipping.

PM sent btw. :)

Allen

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cant beat that deal. this is the lift I am going to get soon my current lift I am not at all happy with. Wish I did more research from the start.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I'm thinking on this for the lift, what do you think this would be like with the two steel bumpers
That's the one. I've installed many of these. They are a durable, quality product. However I would still buy without shocks and get Rancho 9000 or Bilstiens.

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
I agree with Kjeeper10. 106.00 rebate prepaid Visa card from Rancho right now on 9000XLs, $76.00 on 7000MT, and $56.00 on 5000 or 5000X.

PDF here. Btw, I can beat QTec's price shipped. Just sayin' :D

Allen

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
That's the one. I've installed many of these. They are a durable, quality product. However I would still buy without shocks and get Rancho 9000 or Bilstiens.
I agree with Kjeeper10. 106.00 rebate prepaid Visa card from Rancho right now on 9000XLs, $76.00 on 7000MT, and $56.00 on 5000 or 5000X. PDF here. Btw, I can beat QTec's price shipped. Just sayin' :D Allen
Bam .. Do it up

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
If you are really tight on budget go with the Budget Boost but if you want a coil lift kit the TF 2.5" if probably one of the most lift kits for good reasons. One benefit of the BB is that it provides a precise amount of lift where as the coil lift depends on the weight of your Jeep and it will exceed 2.5" in the front.

·
Super Moderator
14,518 Posts
The budget boost is awesome for those on a very tight budget or for a non offroad DD Jeep looking for some lift or tire clearance while staying close to stock.

The TF 1.5 and the Rough Country Series II 2.5 are very good and a good value. At 2.5 I recommend caster correction with control arm brackets. Combined that's less than $300 ...

If budget isn't a big concern, or off road is in the mix, go spring lift and don't try to be cheap. The TF combo in the "most popular" thread is hard to beat...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts