Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get too far ahead of myself, I understand the Odyssey PC1500DT is one of the most recommended batteries out there. Unfortunately, I do not have $300 for a battery right now.

2002 TJ 4.0 - stock lights, only aftermarket accessory I am running is the winch I just purchased - Smitty x20 Comp series.

Is there a battery in the $150-$200 range that I can purchase that would be reliable for the winch I bought? Currently, I have a Wal-Mart battery from 2012 that was already in the Jeep when purchased. Never had it fail one time and even runs the winch fine (have not tested under load yet). :crazy: Before I need to test it under load or go on a long trip I'd like to replace the battery to be safe.

I've heard the diehard platinum is no longer an option. I've also read Optima is bad now.

Are there any other Diehard options or cheaper Odyssey options I can purchase that will get the job done reliably? Here is a link to the sears results I found:

Sears.com

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I have heard some good things about the Oreiley's Super Start Platinum AGM...which is made by Deka. It's like $190.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
For around 120 bucks I get Interstates for my vehicles. . they come with a warranty, I usually get them at local auto part suppliers rather than garages or retail stores.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have an AGM Bosch battery in my commuter car that I like. They seem to be at the top of your price range but I prefer acid less batteries for if you roll.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think you will probably end up with a great AGM battery, and you got it for a good price. But for any battery purchase, only time will tell.

I bought the Odyssey PC1500T myself today and there is no guaranty that it will have a better service live than your battery even though it cost 100 bills more. Me, I'm just paranoid of battery failures out in the middle of the desert at 110 degrees, and wanted every bit of extra comfort given how high heat chews up batteries out here. But one never knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts