Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 2 inch budget lift using factory coil springs hold the weight of a winch and mounting plate ? 2013 jk unlimited rubicon.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Would a 2 inch budget lift using factory coil springs hold the weight of a winch and mounting plate ? 2013 jk unlimited rubicon.
Do you know which springs you have up front? If not check the little tag that is attached to them. The last two digits pertain to how stiff they are, 13 being the softest and 19 being the stiffest (55 and 60 in the rear). If you're looking to save money you can make sure that you start with the stiffest OEM springs up front to begin with.
However, overtime all springs will sag, but if you go with a good set in the beginning they will last much longer.
Also do you know if the Budget Boost (BB) you're looking into is 2" all around or if it compensates for the rake up front and evens it out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 18 in the front and 59 in the back . I was looking at the teraflex leveling kit 2 inch in the front 1 inch in the back .

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If you choose the leveling kit, go with the performance leveling kit "coils". For your situation, you need/want a stiffer spring than the rubi stock coils to handle the extra weight of your winch/bumper combo. The leveling kit "spacers" won't achieve this for you.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I had the TeraFlex leveling boost puck lift on my JKU for 3 weeks. After I changed the bumpers and added a winch The front had dropped lower. I removed it and went with a TeraFlex 2.5" spring lift and now all is well.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I have 33x12.50x15 Duratrac's right now. Here is a pic...

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a sahara buttt... i put a 2.5" lift on it with rubi take off tires. don't think they look too small at all. will eventually go to 33's (wish i had known more about jeeps before buying and could go to 35's :nonono:)

but here's what it looks like

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice jk,s . I will go with the 2.5 lift with springs . Thank yaw for the help . This is a great forum , everybody is so helpful .

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I installed a 2'' black diamond spacer lift, and put a bumper and winch on a year later. I lost about half an inch in the front. I went on teraflex website and swapped out the 2" front spacers with their 2.5''. That brought me perfectly back to level.
I thought about changing over to aftermarket coils, but so far I haven't found a reason to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts