Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a bug deflector on their hood along with 2 lights mounted on their windshield??
if so...
does the light hit the bug deflector and create an unnecessary lit up spot on the hood? possibly making it harder to see?....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in all honesty, the only thing i want the big deflector for is looks... I've got the whole front of the jeep blacked out, lights and all, i think the bug deflector would look great... just not sure if it will get in the way of the lights for the windshield lights I'm about to order...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have a bug shield but I do have 6.5 PIAA's mounted. As a side note, if you go that big with lights, you will have to bend your antenna back or go with a stubby. I took a pair of vise grips and bent the whole antenna base backwards about 2 inches then slapped a chrome cover over it. 6.5's will definitely rub against the antenna.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
The bug deflector can also be a stone deflector. The lights on my Jeep do not have a problem with the bug shield. The bug shield is a good investment.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advise... as far as the antenna issue goes... im planning on getting smaller 4'' lights for the windshield mounts, and 6'' matching lights for the bumper....
Any idea if ill have problems with the antenna using 4'' lights???

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I drove a Jeep a few weeks ago with the lights mounted on the windshield like those above, and am I glad I did, it creates a really nice blind spot for me.... Saved me some $ and time :) If someone you know is less than tall and will be driving your Jeep, keep that in mind...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed my the bug deflector specifically for highway driving and since than I have noticed a significant decrease in bug splats and stones hitting my windshield

It does work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts