Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using one? Seems like they would be functional, but are they necessary? Looking at one from JCW along with a class III Curt trailer hitch. Get 'em both with free shipping and delayed payment for 3 months. I can ditch the bug screen and still get free shipping on the hitch, but I thought I would check here first. Damn, I just keep buying for this thing! Thanks, Scooby

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I follow you, but I had to ask. Looks like I may even have a little more dough to spend on the Jeep, I may just win my Fantasy Football league! Thanks again, Scooby

·
Registered
529 Posts
Anyone using one? Seems like they would be functional, but are they necessary? Looking at one from JCW along with a class III Curt trailer hitch. Get 'em both with free shipping and delayed payment for 3 months. I can ditch the bug screen and still get free shipping on the hitch, but I thought I would check here first. Damn, I just keep buying for this thing! Thanks, Scooby
J E E P Just Empty Every Pocket :D
Welcome to the board!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fabbed up a sheet of expanded metal, in front of the ac condensor. It required loosening the radiator, and sliding it up from the bottom, then anchoring into place....total p.i.a!

But when I hit a dove on the freeway, it passed between the grill slots and hit my mesh hard enough to bend. Thankfully, the expanded metal did it's job, and saved my condensor!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I bought my hitch on ebay for less then $100. The price has gone up to $123 including shipping, but it''s still a good buy.

Here's a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep...tegoryZ33653QQihZ017QQitemZ270072675165QQrdZ1

And as for as buying things for your Jeep goes.... They are worse than children. At least children eventually grow up and leave home. The Jeep just stays there and constantly screems "Buy me..... buy me..... buy me......" It never ends!

·
Registered
87 Posts
amerijeep-
Is that a hood lock i see on there? Thinking about getting one of those. It seems that a lot of the cars on campus are getting vandalized in some way and thats the last thing i need.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yep. Hood lock. I put it on at 5 years ago. I had rigged up some storage under the hood back then so I could have locking storage plus secure the engine compartment. That was before I built a center console out of ammo cans....

It has worked well for me, I guess. Nothing has ever come up missing from under the hood.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I fabbed up a sheet of expanded metal, in front of the ac condensor. It required loosening the radiator, and sliding it up from the bottom, then anchoring into place....total p.i.a!

But when I hit a dove on the freeway, it passed between the grill slots and hit my mesh hard enough to bend. Thankfully, the expanded metal did it's job, and saved my condensor!

A dove? Ouch. I drove a van for a few months and I'd always hit sparrows. They'd get stuck to the grille like they'd been crusified.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yep. Hood lock. I put it on at 5 years ago. I had rigged up some storage under the hood back then so I could have locking storage plus secure the engine compartment. That was before I built a center console out of ammo cans....

It has worked well for me, I guess. Nothing has ever come up missing from under the hood.
Console out of ammo cans? Sounds like a good idea. Any pics of it up?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
No pics, but I'll get some soon. I have had several request. It's nothing fancy, by any means. It does fit my YJ though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Get the Screen

I've had two; one on my 2001 Wrangler SE and now one on my current 2004 Unlimited. When you live in the mountains surrounded by lots of woods, they catch a lot of "action." Also have to run behind a lot of stone trucks up here. Whole lot easier to clean the screen than the radiator. Also, it's amazing how many stones go through the seven slot openings without the screen. And, they are super easy to install. After all these years, I'll keep it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
definately get the screen

My radiator has so many bent fins from small rocks and small sticks :rolleyes: hitting it. I went and bought the screen and haven't noticed anything getting through it yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts