Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a short trip (3 hours) and front grill was covered in bugs. I have a 4 week trip coming up (cross country). What are some tips to help minimize the amount of bugs embedded in by grill?

Pam cooking spray? WD-40? RainX Mud-X? Turtle Wax?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
We just got back from Fla, a 1200 mile drive. The grill and windshield were COVERED with bugs. I just keep my Jeep waxed a few times a year. All came off in the car wash. No problem. You can also use Rejex. I get mine at a marine supply store. Use it on my Vette. Easy on and off. Can be used on windshields too. Great product.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wax & dryer sheet

I live in Florida, we have bugs like birds! I just keep a thick coat of wax, and remove the bugs frequently with a wet dryer sheet. I get a big box of the store brand dryer sheets and it stays in the garage and a few in the Jeep works like a charm! :bop:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I live in Florida, we have bugs like birds! I just keep a thick coat of wax, and remove the bugs frequently with a wet dryer sheet. I get a big box of the store brand dryer sheets and it stays in the garage and a few in the Jeep works like a charm! :bop:
South Louisiana agrees with you. Dryer sheets work, especially with those damn lovebugs.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Waxed and keep on top of them (don't let them cook on) I clean the front off at every stop, Wife goes to the ladies room, gas is running and I clean the bugs off. Ez-Pz.
I learned years ago to drop a small sponge into an old pair of stockings/panty hose (not mine) works great at wash time.
I carry micro-fiber clothes and a can of spray.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be driving from central Florida to west Texas next month. Gotta go through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I'm sure it'll look like bug Armageddon on my Jeep by the time I get there

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll be driving from central Florida to west Texas next month. Gotta go through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I'm sure it'll look like bug Armageddon on my Jeep by the time I get there
Just in time for lovebug season!
Not my Jeep here. Just random one I found on the internets.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
50/50 water and Hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle will melt the bugs off, They jus wipe right off, I use it to clean my faring on my harley all the time, works great... I do make it a little stronger thou. After you wipe the bugs off use your favorite detailer spray..

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I was driving down the freeway about 70mph and i guess i just so happened to drive in front of a flock of huge ass bugs all at once and the sound was like a giant smack on my front window scared the living s*** out of me. shouldve took a photo of all the guts on my window i could barely see. I looked to my left and it also happened to a BMW, he pulled over lol

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
It might be a little bit overkill, but get most things we do to/for our jeeps could fall into that category... Has anyone ever considered using the clear plastiDip on their grill? Spray it on a few days before your trip and then once you get to your destination just peel it and the bugs off??

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts