Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm driving cross country right now. I just graduated sniper school and I've been driving for about 8 hours straight, and my windshield is covered with bugs. Does this happen to anyone? It's so annoying. My wipers won't remove the dead 馃槨馃槨

Registered
I was just having the same problem today driving to work. Now that it's getting warm here the bugs are all over the place. It doesn't help that the windshield on a jeep is essentially vertical and catches everything that flies in front of it!!!
I always keep some glass wipes in the glove box to try and keep it under control.

Banned
Make sure you get them off within a week or so otherwise they will stain your paint. Bugs just mean it's warmer and that equals bikinis. Got to look at the bright side of things!

Registered
Grab a scouring pad...they also make sponges designed for bug removal.

Also found this link for tips.

Registered
just drop the windshield down. no more bugs stuck to the windshield, problem solved.....

Registered
I am constantly cleaning my windshield since I bought my Wrangler. It's amazing how many bugs this jeep catches versus other vehicles. A great mod would be a Windex and towel holder in the rear compartment! Rugged Ridge....are you listening?

Registered
I usually fill up my gas tank every week. While doing so I always use the gas station squeegee/scrub and clean the windshields. The wipers are 10 x more effective if you do this once a week.

Build Thread Queen
I am constantly cleaning my windshield since I bought my Wrangler. It's amazing how many bugs this jeep catches versus other vehicles. A great mod would be a Windex and towel holder in the rear compartment! Rugged Ridge....are you listening?
We have alanjk427's molle table/back seat panel combo set from eBay. Bought a cheap plastic paper towel mount and attached it to the rear seat molle panel. Instant paper towel holder. :)

Registered
So I'm driving cross country right now. I just graduated sniper school and I've been driving for about 8 hours straight, and my windshield is covered with bugs. Does this happen to anyone? It's so annoying. My wipers won't remove the dead 馃槨馃槨
Carry a gun with you, and see how good of a sniper you really are. lol.

Registered
I hate the bug splatters in the summer. Just the other day driving back from my daughter's soccer game the windshield was covered. I use a straight razor blade to scape them off. I also have a squeegee but the blade works the best.

Registered
I found waxing my windshield helps. It doesn't stop the bugs but the clean of easier. I have those big June bugs right now. Sounds like to rocks hitting

Desert Dweller
I use 0000 steel wool and any glass cleaner to clean ALL glass windows (home & vehicle) for over 40 years. Easily removes bugs, paint overspray, intentional painting of windows and water spots. NEVER has it ever harmed the glass.

X2 on removing the bug splatter from painted surfaces as soon as reasonably possible.

Regards,

Registered
Here is a video that combines several of the above posts suggestions. I was and still am a bit skeptical about the use of steel wool, and I absolutely think the grit should be washed off first,

YouTube video

Registered
A dryer sheet like Bounce, wet it (not soaking wet). It take the bugs off very easily.

鈽 Sent from here 鈽

1 - 20 of 53 Posts