Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start ordering parts for the 97 TJ with the 32RH Automatic that I recently purchased I would like to have you folks look at a few ideas I have for it. I am going to use it to knock around the logging roads, play in the snow and drive to work on occasion. (And tow my Sea Doo). There are no highways or freeways here so speed is not a factor.

I have a D44 from a 76 Ford and a 9" from a former project both with 4.88 gears and Detroit lockers. The WMS for these are 65 ish.

My thought is to get the TNT truss kit for the Ford D44 with the mounts on it and pick up the mount kit for the 9" from Ruff Stuff.

For tire clearance, a DIY Highline and 1" body lift before I tackle any type of suspension lift. Tires will need to be covered so 6 or 7" flares are in the plans depending on what I need.

Wheels 7 or 8" wide with 4" of backspace should work well with narrow Swampers. I am looking at tires in 9.5 to 10.5 widths and between 33-35 height.

Before I pull the trigger on the TNT/Ruff Stuff parts, am I missing anything?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been doing lots of searches and found that the full Truss might not work for me. I want little to no lift and the full truss may limit my up travel. Perhaps I will look into a mini truss + brackets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts