Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 05 wrangler x. Already planning some mods...well after my street bike sells to pay for them. Im going with the rc 3.25" lift again, 31s and maby some wheels. Id also like a rear bumper with a hitch. going to be my dd for the most part. Any other recomendations?

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are putting 3.25" of lift on it the 31's may look a little funny as in too much lift too small tire. :p

I would recommend 33's but you could roll with 32's. I understand it will be your DD and you may not want that big of a tire but if you take it off-road you will want it. just my two cents. :punk:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are putting 3.25" of lift on it the 31's may look a little funny as in too much lift too small tire. :p

I would recommend 33's but you could roll with 32's. I understand it will be your DD and you may not want that big of a tire but if you take it off-road you will want it. just my two cents. :punk:
the only reason I said 31s is because they make a 31in retread and not a 33 unless I go with 16in wheels. Any recomendation on a reasonable price 33?

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Since you're trying to save some money, I'd put on a 2" lift and stay at 31's with new wheels to push them out a bit for a more aggressive look. Staying with smaller tires will save gas and cash paying for them. If you go with an aggressive A/T tire then you'll do well when you do offroad and have plenty of room for flexing... :) Tires I'd look at for DD would be Duratracs or gay as the name is.... Fierce Attitude's by Kelly/Dunlop. The Duratracs are very well behaved on road and have never left me stuck offroad, FA's have a similar tread pattern that probably behave the same way.... JMO of course :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input, speaking of wheels :doh:, Im picking up some soft8s tomarrow with 30x10.5 tires off of a buddys old jeep for $250, tires are like new. They stick out pretty far, but Im not sure on the back spacing. I thought about a bb, but I had that on my last jeep and still wanted more...then put the rc on and still...wanted more :bottom: Ill stick with how it is with 30s/stock untill my street bike sells then I wont have to be as cheap. On the lower price scale, I was thinking a zone 4" now since the controll arms are greasable and seems to have everything and I can get it at my local shop. My goal is to live closer to work someday so mpg isnt a problem :D I have alot of brain storming going on :confused:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after looking at some pics, I may stick with the 3.25 rc lift, its under $400 and its a little higher then coil spacers. And the 31s will be cheaper then 33s and more room...and my gf is short and I dont want steps lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have the RC 3.25" and 31's.........looks good......

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats the same set up I had on my 99. I liked it, but your tires look so much better than wrangler a/t tires. I think Im just going to stick with the rc lift. How do you like it?

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I can't figure out how to copy and paste a link on my phone. I did a short build page on my Rubicon that I have with rc 3.25 in lift. I have a picture of the lift with stock tires of 245/75/16. That's almost a 31 and what the Rubicon comes stock with. It's pretty much what your jeep would look like. Stock the Rubicon doesnt have any more lift but slightly stiffer springs. A few more pictures down you can see what it looks like with 33's. If your not going to 33 soon I would get a smaller lift imo. Order your lift from rc and mention " jeep forum" for a 10% discount. The name of my thread is Introducing skittles. It's about a week old so wont be hard to find. Good luck to you and build it how you want.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't figure out how to copy and paste a link on my phone. I did a short build page on my Rubicon that I have with rc 3.25 in lift. I have a picture of the lift with stock tires of 245/75/16. That's almost a 31 and what the Rubicon comes stock with. It's pretty much what your jeep would look like. Stock the Rubicon doesnt have any more lift but slightly stiffer springs. A few more pictures down you can see what it looks like with 33's. If your not going to 33 soon I would get a smaller lift imo. Order your lift from rc and mention " jeep forum" for a 10% discount. The name of my thread is Introducing skittles. It's about a week old so wont be hard to find. Good luck to you and build it how you want.
thanks alot :punk:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
step one

much better tire and stance. going to sell the stock wheels and tires to pay for a lift.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ordered some 31x10.5s today. was going to go with 33s, then I thought about how slow it would feel... next is the zone 3" lift and wheels.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just ordered bumpers and wheels... almost complete. not the cold needs to take a break for the install

1 - 16 of 16 Posts