Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeep sent back build sheet based on VIN. Does this men I have 4.10 gears?

DHWS 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Part Time 4WD Sys
DMES 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
AHQ Max Tow Package

From motortrend database online, it says 4.10 gear ratio is offered as a standalone option for Rubicon independent of Max Tow Package selection.

I've a 2013 Rubicon unlimited, purchased used.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Rock Trac refers to the transfer case. The window sticker would list 3.73 axle gears under standard equipment. The 4.10 gears would be listed in the options if they're installed. The build sheet would probably only have one listing for axle gears.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Jeep sent back build sheet based on VIN. Does this men I have 4.10 gears?

DHWS 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Part Time 4WD Sys
DMES 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
AHQ Max Tow Package

From motortrend database online, it says 4.10 gear ratio is offered as a standalone option for Rubicon independent of Max Tow Package selection.

I've a 2013 Rubicon unlimited, purchased used.
All correct, you have DMES, which implies to me you have an Automatic, as it's the only way to get 3.73. The S within the sales code means it's standard. If it were optional it would just say DMF- 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio. Sometimes if it's packaged it will say DMEP or DMFP meaning it was packaged. There aren't very many packages on JK tho.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
All correct, you have DMES, which implies to me you have an Automatic, as it's the only way to get 3.73. The S within the sales code means it's standard. If it were optional it would just say DMF- 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio. Sometimes if it's packaged it will say DMEP or DMFP meaning it was packaged. There aren't very many packages on JK tho.
This. If you had a manual trans. Rubicon you would have 4.10's as standard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So when guys chat gear ratios and tire sizes, my rig is 3.73? Sure don't feel like it fuel mileage-wise. I'm having 35" being put on this week.

·
Registered
215 Posts
yes, you have the 3.73's. If you're concerned with mileage, a wrangler is on the top 10 do not buy list, especially when you put 35's on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha. Not worried, just reading how other 3.73 get about 22mpg highway stock. I'm getting 19. Seems like my real world versus what other people reporting does not match. Relatively flat here, calm days. Now I'm concerned what my performance will be on 35's. I thought I had 4.10's when I bought these.

I have a Sahara 2010 running 36" on 6" skyjacker. Not impressed with highway performance. My first Jk. Learned from the experience. Dealership provided bad info When I got my 13'. C'est la vie.

Guess it's time to consider a pair of prorocks 44 and proper ratio. :)

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Ha. Not worried, just reading how other 3.73 get about 22mpg highway stock. I'm getting 19. Seems like my real world versus what other people reporting does not match.
Ditto for me. A bit over 19 on the highway with 3.73's, keeping my speed to around 60 to 65, and basically driving like I am still in my hybrid.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
3 MPG is not much of a difference between drivers really. Different styles, altitude, stop lights , who lets their rig idle more. So much comes to play. 3 MPG really is not much difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts