Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a mechanic that works on the side (hes a Jeep Mechanic during the day) build my D44 non rubi stock axle. He added an ARB Air locker and used Tenfactory chromoly 35 spline shafts. I drive the thing around and find no leak but I am still in the intel phase because I got a significant leak out of the drivers side when I engaged the rear locker. Is this possible or am I just thinking the locker can cause a leak. On the same note he put a Metalcloak adjustable rear track bar on but he used the stock mounting hole. I have a 2.5 teraflex spring lift for now but it did have the rear track bar bracket from Teraflex. He said since I am using an adjustable track bar I don't need the bracket but I have seen them recommended by both TF and Metalcloak. Its leaking on the drivers side more so when the locker is on I think. I only put about 30 miles on it so far because I'm scared its going to run out of fluid but I checked it today and its fine.
So I need some intel on 35 spline axle seals,
I need intel on ARB air lockers
I need intel on rear track bar correction brackets.
I should have just went with the D60 rear, my front Dyantrac Pro rock 44 is solid so far. Jeeps!!!!!
Thanks guys and girls.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is your breather tube clear? I'm wondering if actuating the locker increases the pressure in the differential and it's being relieved by pushing oil out past the seal, rather than breathing through the tube...

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that as its an easy check. Its a frustrating deal because I am chasing lots of possibilities. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
33 Posts
You do not have to use the track bar relocation bracket if you have an adjustable track bar. I have a teraflex st/3 lift and the kit came with the track bar relocation bracket but I did not use it since I also bought the teraflex rear adjustable track bar. Your choice, even teraflex a website say so. My opinion is why add an extra mechanical part if not needed. That purpose of the adjustable track bar is so you do not have to use the relocation bracket

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the track bar advice. I will leave things as is. I drove the Jeep for about 20 miles and find that it does leak just not as fast as when the locker is engaged. I am thinking its just a bad seal so change that out and hopefully life gets better for a while.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Using a rear track bar bracket will increase your roll center. If you have an adjustable trackbar I would use the highest hole in the bracket that you could

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Using a rear track bar bracket will increase your roll center. If you have an adjustable trackbar I would use the highest hole in the bracket that you could
What he said. You don't have to use a rear TB bracket with an adjustable TB, but if you have one it seems stupid not to. The adjustable TB only changes the length. The bracket changes the geometry, it can improve the roll center making your Jeep handle better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts