Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am basically a trail runner. Most enjoy running the forect service roads with a little crawling. I have reached an impass with the YJ. In order to run any of the major runs around here they are requiring 33's and lockers.

I am running a 1994 YJ on a 2-1/2" RE standard lift and 31's. To take the plunge to 33's will require new lift, tires, shocks, SYE, driveline, etc. A sizeable investment with the ever nagging question at this point do you just bite the bullet and go SOA?

Other approach is to sell the YJ as is and start over with a TJ (Rubicon etc). Or really go crazy and go off the deep end with a JK.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I say go for the YJ, build it up, go spring over, make it something that you really enjoy.

Besides, YJ's are way cooler than any TJ or JK...:)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I prefer the YJ for it's interior but I have to say, Amy's TJ rides 100% better than my YJ did. It's simply more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the ride comfort is really the bottom line. Prefer the simplistic interior of the YJ, but then I guess I could do a coil conversion and dump the leaf packs. Hell it's only money.:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have ask myself the same question many times. I came to the conclusion that unless I have the money to pay cash for a Rubi I will not buy it. So at this point in my life I will retain ownership of my older, payed off YJ. My approach is not for everyone, but with the ever changing stock market I would consider this if financing. Just my 2 cents. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
build your yj. if you're interested in ride comfort you need antoher vehicle all together. no matter what building the yj is cheaper, even if you go coil springs and bigger axles. and then you've built it, not bought it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Im thinking this section is just a little biased :rolleyes:. I say build the YJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts