Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupidly, I didn't get the upgraded Alpine audio system. Just a 430n with the standard speakers (upgraded to the Mopar Kickers in soundbar).

I'd like to build a sub box and place it on the side, behind the rear seat(s). A few questions:
- Where do I tap into the radio to drive the sub?
- Amp/crossover recommendations? Location?
- Speaker size. 8, 10, 12?

Looking to build myself, not buy for $700+!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Stupidly, I didn't get the upgraded Alpine audio system. Just a 430n with the standard speakers (upgraded to the Mopar Kickers in soundbar).

I'd like to build a sub box and place it on the side, behind the rear seat(s). A few questions:
- Where do I tap into the radio to drive the sub?
- Amp/crossover recommendations? Location?
- Speaker size. 8, 10, 12?

Looking to build myself, not buy for $700+!
I don't think you did a stupid move. I started with the same HU 430N but switched it to a pionner. An after market system will be much better than the Alpine system and cheaper!

So you want to create your own JL Audio stealth box? Unless you know someone who has those dimension then you can copy it or you will have to buy and return the JL box.. lol

I put a sub box 10 inch woofer under my seat instead.

-if you are going to use the stock HU then you will need a PAC wiring system so you can run RCA cables
- hmm depends on budget but i would go alpine 5 channel to power all speakers
- 10 sub for sure.

Search the audio section as it has a lot of great info and different audio builds.

Reactions: CTarna
1 - 2 of 2 Posts