Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
14' of 1 1/2" tubing a couple feet of plate 40$ worth of bushings a few tabs and all was done for less then 100$.I used a JD2 bender and notcher.The tire strap was 50$ at Off Road Warehouse.I actually started making it for a friend and he sold his jeep because he was loosing a battle with Death wobble lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a manual and my friend has a hydraulic his is nice but not 900$ worth of nice I am 240Lbs and dont have any trouble bending 1 3/4 tubing with a 30" bar for a handle.My friend is like 145lbs and struggles a little but usually manages after I ask if he wants my daughter to give him a hand..:D

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I like the fold down look. Seems practical and wouldn't be as likely to be in the way as a swing to the right style.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did write down all the measurements and bends in case I needed to make another one :whistling:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its a really simple design their making good money on those things I bet you could sell them all day for 400$ I need to look into a powder coater though still I painted it and its jacked up already.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
i'd buy this for 400, bare steel any day of the week. not yet though, i don't even have a full size spare to carry. lol still have the stock 30" spare.... that'd look ridicules.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts