Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to embark on a great journey. that it; im about to build a custom box that fits into my rear seat. i plan on either 1 12 or 2 12s. but i was wondering what is the best wood to use when building this box?

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Fiberglass if you must. Wood will just get wet and fall apart.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
MDF. Look up sirgcal's plans. He did all the hard work designing it. You don't have as much room with the 2006 rear seat (vs 1997-2002), so one 12" is going to be tight much less two. At very least, you will have to use a shallow sub.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since his is made for a older year jeep will his plans even help?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
He has 03+ specific plans and 97-02 specific plans. His plans are what everyone else's are based off of.

Go here: Chris' Homepage
Then to "Jeep Projects" on the right side.
Then to "03+ TJ In-Seat Sub Enclosure" toward the bottom

He built it to the largest size he could, and he says the seat is still pretty firm (compared to the 97-02 enclosure that is significantly deeper).

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was about to do this until I read that you'll have to remove about 1-1/2"- 2" of seat padding, making the rear seat useless. Other then that it's a cool idea. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TXST8tj said:
He has 03+ specific plans and 97-02 specific plans. His plans are what everyone else's are based off of.

Go here: Chris' Homepage
Then to "Jeep Projects" on the right side.
Then to "03+ TJ In-Seat Sub Enclosure" toward the bottom

He built it to the largest size he could, and he says the seat is still pretty firm (compared to the 97-02 enclosure that is significantly deeper).
Thanks man. I'll have it done by April. I'm so busy with school

1 - 8 of 8 Posts