Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the type (number) bulb for a 99 TJ?

etc...?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I say just upgrade. I have the Delta headlights with the hyper white xenon bulbs for around $60

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The original plan was to convert to 10K HID...But now I'm not sure how to do it due to the connector...

Has anyone done an HID conversion?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
You convert to a H4 lens. H.I.D.s on my TJ = WOW! - JeepForum.com The most popular is Hella E-code H4, lens and DDM HID. It will coss about 150. You do not want a 10k. That is way off the scale in useless color.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, however everyone has they're preferences...
Mine happens to be the 10k...I've had 10k HIDs in every vehicle I've owned...If it turns out to not work then I'll change bulbs.

But thank you for the link

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I have a promise from a LED supplier to test a set of 7" LED headlights in my TJ next year. Burning 130w H4's now. The just sent me two sets of 3" LED Headlights to test on my company's bus fleet.

I will post before and after pictures if I ever get them. In fact I should put in the OEM sealed beams also, they have been sitting in the basement since 2004, and have a three way comparison.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I looked at those also, but they seem a little pricey for me

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I know but I am looking at FREE......

·
Registered
427 Posts