Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my front fender flares after work today to paint them. They were looking a bit faded on my 2000 TJ. After I removed them, I noticed how close my bump stops were to bottoming out. I didn't have a ruler on me, but I'd estimate that it's only about 3" and 4" tops. I put a 2" BB on it over the summer and used the bump stop extensions that came with the Skyjacker kit. Isn't 3 to 4 inches cutting it close? Are my 10 year old coils sagging that much? Shouldn't it be more room than that? I'm still wearing the stock bumpers and no winch installed so there's no additional weight up front. I was considering replacing the spacers with new OME coils this summer, but if they are sagging this much I may push that timeline up.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand the role of the bump stop is to protect the tires from hitting the fenders and keep shocks from being bottomed out. It just seems to me as if I'm not going to get much up-travel since they are so close to bottom.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks UL. At least I don't have to click on the Submit Order button I've been hovering over since last night for a 2.5" lift kit. I'm still up in the air between Rough Country (can be bought without the shocks since mine are new) and OME.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Thanks UL. At least I don't have to click on the Submit Order button I've been hovering over since last night for a 2.5" lift kit. I'm still up in the air between Rough Country (can be bought without the shocks since mine are new) and OME.
if you're looking at OME, contact Northridge, Rokmen and DPG off-road. also look at RCD's 3" lift kit...its the most complete setup i've seen.

www.rokmen.com
www.dpgoffroad.com
www.northridge4x4.com

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm leaning towards the level 1 kit from rockmen or deluxe from dpg. They are both the same really and have what I wanted to end up with in the end (~2" Suspension, ~1" BL). I'm going to hold off until spring on ordering though to save $$$ and I hate working on cars in the cold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts