Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of ya'll have ran into this, but I have a 2013 JK that I'm going to be putting flat fenders on shortly. I know with flat fenders and stock size tires that I will have some more flex ability. I'm wondering if any of ya'll know what size bump stops would be best to run like that. I know I'll be swapping them out again once I get my lift, but that's a ways down the road and I want to be able to push it a little bit more until then. If this has been asked before I'm sorry, but I didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't know if any of ya'll have ran into this, but I have a 2013 JK that I'm going to be putting flat fenders on shortly. I know with flat fenders and stock size tires that I will have some more flex ability. I'm wondering if any of ya'll know what size bump stops would be best to run like that. I know I'll be swapping them out again once I get my lift, but that's a ways down the road and I want to be able to push it a little bit more until then. If this has been asked before I'm sorry, but I didn't see it.
You can't gain flex with stock suspension by going to flat fenders. You're currently running what would be called " 0 bumpstop extension" as in only running the factory stops, they are the minimum needed to prevent too much up travel of the axles possibly over compressing shocks, springs, crushing exhaust, diff covers etc.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Where did you hear that adding just flat fenders and stock suspension will add more flex? Because that is not correct. Flat fenders will allow for greater tire clearance with larger than stock tires in the 35"+ range but will add no more flex to a stock suspension. The limitations of the stock suspension is more shock related than fender flare related.

If you want more flex on a stock suspension look at shocks with a longer extend lengths and of course use quick disconnects. I would say leave the bump stops alone on a stock suspension they only stop up travel at the point just before you top out your stock shocks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well, that's what I get for believing what someone told me lol. I can't really say that it was a reliable source othwise I wouldn't have asked on here. Oh well atleast I made myself look like an idiot and didn't destroy my suspension.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Ok well, that's what I get for believing what someone told me lol. I can't really say that it was a reliable source othwise I wouldn't have asked on here. Oh well atleast I made myself look like an idiot and didn't destroy my suspension.
At least you asked and now you know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts