Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tossed a set of Rubi Take off Springs N Shocks on my 2dr JK which resulted in about about 3" lift in the front and a bit less in the rear. I am running MT Baha 315/70 17's which are well used and measure around 32.5" resting height @ 28psi. My Fender's are stock. Roughly how much bumpstop would I need to prevent crunching my fenders? My wheels poke out about 1.5" past the fender.

Any recommended bumpstop kits (or hockey pucks, etc) please share your opinion.

Thank you!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm hoping to see some info on this as well. What is the quickest and easiest way to stop fender impact while retaining the stock fenders (I really like them). Would most just replace the bump stops or add to the lower bumpstop pad front and rear (seems to be easy/inexpensive)?

Like MRB I'm running a 295/70/17 (on 17X9 wheels) with a teraflex 1.5 "puck" leveling kit and get some flare impact off road.

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
315's and stock fenders typically need 2" front and rear. I think you can still get a full set for around $30 on eBay.

When I ran 295's I had 2" front and 1" rear... But that was for my shocks... I think you can do 1" front and rear.

Reactions: MRBachand

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
315's and stock fenders typically need 2" front and rear. I think you can still get a full set for around $30 on eBay.

When I ran 295's I had 2" front and 1" rear... But that was for my shocks... I think you can do 1" front and rear.
Bought some from EBAY totalled 32 bux. Thank you so much Press!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok. I have the 2" Front, w/2"Shock brackets - Will put them in hopefully next weekend.

I put the 2" Rear bumpstops in yesterday. I assume I should add 2" Shock relocation brackets to allow more droop since I removed some compression?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Ok. I have the 2" Front, w/2"Shock brackets - Will put them in hopefully next weekend.

I put the 2" Rear bumpstops in yesterday. I assume I should add 2" Shock relocation brackets to allow more droop since I removed some compression?
yes but you should make sure your coils have enough extension to drop that much. I have seen rear coils fall out if they are not long enough and too long of a shock extension is used. You most likely will be ok with 2" but check it to make sure. Stock shocks are pretty short but so are stock coils.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts

Yes, If you put in 2" bump stops with stock length shocks, you should add 2" shock extensions as well. That gets you the full travel of the shocks back.

You just want to make sure that the springs are not loose at full droop. I put jack stands under the frame then use a floor jack to lift he axle up to mount the shocks. At that point, you can check the springs.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, If you put in 2" bump stops with stock length shocks, you should add 2" shock extensions as well. That gets you the full travel of the shocks back.

You just want to make sure that the springs are not loose at full droop. I put jack stands under the frame then use a floor jack to lift he axle up to mount the shocks. At that point, you can check the springs.
yes but you should make sure your coils have enough extension to drop that much. I have seen rear coils fall out if they are not long enough and too long of a shock extension is used. You most likely will be ok with 2" but check it to make sure. Stock shocks are pretty short but so are stock coils.
Thanks guys. The springs are Rubi 4dr on my 2dr which netted at least an inch or 2, however weight brought it down. Still stock shocks (rubi) so I think they won't fall out, but I'll check as Press mentioned above!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts