Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do my bump stops look shot to you guys? adding extensions as I just lifted my jeep and I figured if their shot I'll replace them while I'm down there adding the extensions. thanks guys

here's the front

and here's the back

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah that's what I thought, any ideas where I can get some new ones? tried auto zone, oreillys an advanced to see if they had one. auto zone could order me a universal looking one for $25 but that's just for the front..... need front and back ones

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yeah, your Jousts are shot. You can find them used at wrecking yards for dirt cheap on the front axles of Cherokee and Grand Cherokees. Just don't get aftermarket poly ones...stick with OEM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have some OEM front and rear bump stops, in good condition, sitting on my driveway you can have. I'm in the North OC area. Will send you a PM.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Does anyone know how big the OEM jounces are? I really need to order them but don't know how big they are.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Doesn't HyperFlex make polyurethane ones in various durometers, why not just use a softer? Is it that it is still too hard (i.e. harsh a ride)?
Crown makes the only OEM fit microcellular polyurethane jounce bumper for a TJ that I've seen....got a link to something else?

Currie also makes a good total replacement kit if you're running enough lift (~4"+)....

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man these things arnt the cheapest for what they are....... but i guess since its a specialty part you gotta pay for it lol. I found some on eBay for $16 a piece I think I'm gonna order. just got off the phone with the local dodge Chrysler jeep shop and they want $33.50 a piece for them..... local 4wd store wants $18 a piece and only has 2 in stock but their 45 minutes away. so I think I'm going with eBay on this since no one has them in stock. thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
57 Posts
here's a pic of the four bump stops i have. Looks like USPS flat rate box would be at most about $13. I can get them out today or tomorrow depedning on when you say you wnat them.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
If I went to a junkyard to get some how do they come out? Are they screwed in? Tools needed?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Grizzly sent you a pm

1 - 20 of 32 Posts