Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is it required to upgrade the bump stops if you do lift your jeep 2.5 or 3 in? can you keep using the stock ones?

I'm having 2016 JKRX with 2.5 lift & 315s tires.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Bump stop depends on tire size and shock length. Bump stops too short and shocks to long... Your shocks will bottom out and that's no Bueno. Same with tires size to short of stops your gonna shove the tire thru the fenders, not as bad as bottoming out shocks but still no Bueno if you start shredding tires.

Most kits will come with proper bump stops for tire size your planning run.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
Hi,

Is it required to upgrade the bump stops if you do lift your jeep 2.5 or 3 in? can you keep using the stock ones?

I'm having 2016 JKRX with 2.5 lift & 315s tires.
35's with stock fenders need at least 2.5" bump stop up front, the TF 2.75" is popular and at least 2" bump stop in the rear. This is to keep your tires out of your fenders. With smaller tires or flat fenders, as stated above, it can be different as your bump stops also need to protect your shocks....

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I have checked now the gap between the bump stop & the pad, it's around 4.5 in as shown in the photo
It looks to me like you have some bump stop pads there. What shocks do you have? Take a photo of the rear bump stop's as well.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I have fox performance shocks (1.5 in - 3.5 in lift)
Those shocks should be good with 2" bumps added front and rear. I think your front looks like it has 2" or so on it. The question is whether 2" is enough to keep your tires from hitting your fenders while flexing.

You still need to look at the rear and see what you have.

Can you measure the amount on the front? The stops are bolted to the top of the spring pad inside the spring, on the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts