Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all :)

I have been having some weird random stuff going on. I have a 2012 JK Sport and everything has been hunky dory since I had it . . until this week.

Going forward seems no problem, but after engaging reverse and moving a foot or three I get a jolt. Best way to describe this is having an invisible log a couple of feet behind. Reverse engages fine (manual) and we start moving then bump-titty-bump, there is the invisible log. Its defo coming from the back so I can only assume its rear diff related?

This has happened three times so far, if I move forward then reverse again every thing is good. Just seems to be (at the minute) on the initial reverse.

I did have a search on here but could not find anything similar. Anyone come across something like this before?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
How much millage on your wrangler? Have you had your diff/transfer case fluid checked? Have you checked you transmission fluid that is under the engine cover to the passenger side next to the firewall (dipstick is yellow). Fluid should be red. If brownish, get a transmission fluid flush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts