Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my rear bumper arrived today for install and had a bit of damage during shipping. it looks like the top layer of the powder coat was scraped off along the back edge in a couple spots, but no deep core exposure of the metal. i'm torn between touching this up and asking for a new bumpoer to be sent. here is a picture, any thoughts would be appreicated.

thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
I had a couple spots like that on mine, luckily they were in places that wouldnt be seen so I just touched up and called it a day. Wont be the last scratches on it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Bolt it on and give it a squirt of paint or bedliner

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I'd send it back. Why fix someone else's mistake. It's your money and time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blastek said:
I'd send it back. Why fix someone else's mistake. It's your money and time.
See that's the thing. I'm having the stock bumpers swapped out before I even take delivery which means the jeep sits at the dealer another week while I wait for a new bumper to arrive. The retailer offered me a 20 dollar refund (yes 20 bucks) or was willing to ship a replacement.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If the retailer is being stingy and short-sighted by offering $20 I'd take them up on the offer of a new one. They'll spend more than $20 paying for shipping two more times. Add in the labor for an employee to process the return and new one and it's quickly becoming an expensive return for them. I'd return it or ask for more off the price.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Personally, I would take the 20 and touch it up with a bit of spraypaint. I just had some stuff powdercoated and asked right off the bat what spray paint would match, because the type of parts that I want powdercoated are the parts that hit stuff. I ordered flat black and they said that there is a can of Krylon Fusion brand that matches identically...

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
I waited 13 weeks for my ACE bumper/carrier, I wasn't about to wait that long again for something that wouldn't be seen anyhow.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
IMO if it won't " show", "shoot it and mount it". If you are anal person who will not be taking it off road and want it to be "perfect" tell them send a replacement. Depending on the use of the Jeep I could be either. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going the touch up route. Appreciate all the thoughts. Manufacturer suggested krylon semi flat black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts