Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the doors off and took the top down last weekend. Just received and installed some Rugged Ridge mirrors the other day. Worked all week and couldn't wait to take her out again. Went out with the wife and when I came home I literally touched the front driver side of the bumper on the garage when we were pulling in and it crushed in pretty good. I pushed and pulled on it and got some of the dent out but it's still pretty noticeable. If I could get behind the dent I could push it out, but of course I can't. Any pointers to get the rest out? I suppose it didn't help that it's been 100 degrees all week so the bumper was already pretty pliable. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
488 Posts
Craigslist...$100 all day long.
Troy

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Drive down to Philly and I'll give ya the one I took off my 2013 for free. :)

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to explain to the wife that you need a new after market bumper. :D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
couldnt you just grab a heat gun, heat the spot up and push the dent out from the backside?
it's a complete sealed piece, like a pontoon on a boat... You'd hafta drill a hole in the back side to get a tool in.

stubby end caps are pretty cheap :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
it's a complete sealed piece, like a pontoon on a boat... You'd hafta drill a hole in the back side to get a tool in.

stubby end caps are pretty cheap :)
This is what I did. Drilled a hole on the back side and pushed out the dent with a wooden dowel. This was in the middle of winter and it looked pretty good. Then promptly ordered the stubby endcaps. Was not a fan of stubby bumpers, but once it saw it on my ride, I would not have it any other way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts