Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my 2month old wrangler unlimited altitude. BUT.......my wife backed into a telephone pole (!!?!$!$?). Here is a picture. Is this something easy to fix myself. Just seems to be the plastic piece on the corner of the bumper.

Tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yah, easy fix. No claim required. You can get full bumper on ebay for cheap. Someone here may have spare. Post in wanted section with pics. Good luck.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
That's not a woman, that's a bumper. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Post your location, someone close by may have a spare rear bumper they need/want to get rid of. I think the center trim piece could be moved over to the replacement bumper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you guys are saying I actually have to replace the entire bumper? Bummer. I'm in southwestern west Virginia . New to forum. Is ther a section on this for me to see if someone has one to spare?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Theres a For Sale and a Wanted section, along with a WF LOCAL section you could post on. I have a stock rear bumper I just pulled off my 07 Sahara I would be willing to sell, not sure the difference though, and I'm in Kentucky.

·
Registered
325 Posts
look on Criagslist. you can almost always find front/rear stock bumpers on there (at least around here) for less than $100.

OR it might be time to upgrade :punk:

bummer bout the bumper, but if it gets you a nice swing away unit, than WinWin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info/help. I'm not really tech savvy and was amazed when I posted a simple question and several people answered quickly. My wife said im a dork as she manages several email/Facebook/website/forum stuff at once while I live in the 50's ----and I was born in the 60's. It's all very strange to me. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thanks for the info/help. I'm not really tech savvy and was amazed when I posted a simple question and several people answered quickly. My wife said im a dork as she manages several email/Facebook/website/forum stuff at once while I live in the 50's ----and I was born in the 60's. It's all very strange to me. Thanks again
:thumb: Thats what we are here for.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can fix the dent with a heat gun and a metal rod. Remove the bumper and drill a small hole near the dent on the backside of the bumper. Heat the dented area and push it out with the rod.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts