Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Bumper Extensions

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  lost 
#1 ·
Hey guys, sorry if this is a new question. I just got an 06 TJ X. But to save on the payments I had to get one without bumper extensions or fogs. I'm looking to add the extensions first and found em online for 16 bucks a piece.

My question is: do the extensions come with their own hardware or do you have to buy it separately? Anyone have experience in putting these in, from what I understand its a pretty simple bolt in.

Thanks.

#8 ·
bigjeep said:
sorry i can't post any more on this thread...except to say this

i don't have anything useful or smart to say
Why does this not surprise me in the least...:rolleyes:

#10 · (Edited)
wr@ngl3r said:
Thanks guys, I'm currently looking to buy them from 4wd.com. However, it says that the extensions don't come with hardware.
http://4wd.com/newsite/shop/productdetail.asp?pid=75622
forget buying them, you can have mine for free and I'll include the hardware. I chopped up my bumper a while back and I definatly dont need them anymore.
just pay the shipping or pick them up
and they are light so they'll be cheap to ship

#12 ·
wr@ngl3r said:
Hey Lost, thanks a lot! I'll pay for the shipping, whats your email? Do you have both sets (back and front)?
I have the fronts, I had an argument with one of the rear ones and it got hacked off and both got thrown away.

my email is mattorias(at)hotmail(dot)com
e-mail me your zip code and I will figure out shipping sometime this week.

#14 ·
RWsJeep said:
My advice is to wait on getting those extensions. Chances are you will only remove them later anyhow (or the trail will). If you do install them, make sure to keep the end-caps so you will have them when you come to your senses.:D
I have to agree with this. The last jamboree I went on the trails were littered with bumper extensions. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.