Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
After looking at practically every bumper out there I decided to just keep the stock and spend my money on other mods. Besides the looks I think its kinda a waste of money to replace them when the ones you have work just fine. You can always add a winch plate up front (which is what I plan to do) and install a tub mounted tire carrier out back. I installed a bestop and love it. Besides if you tear up your stock they are pretty cheap and easy to find. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
After looking at practically every bumper out there I decided to just keep the stock and spend my money on other mods. Besides the looks I think its kinda a waste of money to replace them when the ones you have work just fine. You can always add a winch plate up front (which is what I plan to do) and install a tub mounted tire carrier out back. I installed a bestop and love it. Besides if you tear up your stock they are pretty cheap and easy to find. Just my .02
x2, couldn't agree more. Eventually I'll get a simple, clean, and light front bumper from someone like Savvy, but that won't be until my actual functional upgrades have all been completed. As cool as some of those bumpers look, rarely do they help you climb that obstacle you've been wanting to conquer.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
geiman said:
x2, couldn't agree more. Eventually I'll get a simple, clean, and light front bumper from someone like Savvy, but that won't be until my actual functional upgrades have all been completed. As cool as some of those bumpers look, rarely do they help you climb that obstacle you've been wanting to conquer.
Agree with both of you 100%,, stockers are light, and very easy to beat back, close to straight, after banging it. If you can't beat it back, then they are also easy to cut.. I'll spend the saved money on good tires, and gas for our excursions..

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I like have one its last thing I need for jeep rest is done for now might also look at warn bumper to match rear I like the pre runner style why im looking it them

·
Registered
613 Posts
x3 a really good idea is to just cut the stock bumper to make it a stubby, get the flat end caps and a winch mount, frame mounted d rings and its a nice bumper and you now have money for a winch..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts