Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an e auto grilles bumper on their yj......if so I would like to see a pic of it and pros and cons....thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of them look just like the name brands but could be far from it.....maybe someone can inform us

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I remember seeing them on another form somebody had the rear swing away are they seem to like it but that was just something I read

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I was looking at these again on ebay today, the consensus it that theyre worth the money? or more? seems like theyre alot of bang for the buck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Like you, I was struggling to decide which way to go on choosing a new bumper for my 1994 YJ. I had purchased an extremely well built rear bumper for a LOT of money a few weeks earlier. It was a real BEAR to install. So I wanted to be sure I made a better choice for the front bumper.I wanted it to look agressive, so I found the rock-crawler style bumper from e-auto-grills and the XRC version by Smittybilt.

I ultimately chose the Smittybilt bumper even though it was priced higher.

Feedback / reviews for the e-auto-grill version pointed out that it was not set up as well for installing a winch. I haven't installed a winch, but I like having options.

Oh, and the Smittybilt also has tabs for lights.

In shopping around I found the best deal at http://4wheelonline.com

They have a banner on their page that tells you to call to get an even better deal. As I recall, I paid around $250. So the Smittybilt ended up costing me around $25 more than the e-auto-grills version.

All this being said, of all the mods I have made to my jeep, this one was the MOST straight forward of all. The instructions clearly tell you that you will need to grind down the welds on top of the frame to get this bumper on. So before I even attempted to fit it onto the frame, I used a $15 pneumatic grinder I bought from Harbor Freight to grind the weld flush with the frame member. When I put the bumper in place it slid right on and bolted right up. All total, I spent about 1 hour grinding both sides and about 20-30 minutes bolting it up.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts