Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mounted a tire carrier on their Rubi X rear bumper? If you have, what brand and how did the install go? Pics would be great! Looking at the Teraflex and Maximus units that mount to the tailgate, but bumper mount would be great too.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The 10A/X bumper is actually designed to accept the AEV carrier as is, with no modifications other than removing the right rear tow hook.

·
Registered
297 Posts
One thing about the AEV bumper mount is that it is "slightly" off centered towards the passenger side. It is more noticeable on the 10a/x bumper than the AEV bumper because of the cutout at the bottom for the step. Make sure you like this look before getting it.

The reasoning behind it being more to the left is so that the tailgate handle bar is easier to access.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
One thing about the AEV bumper mount is that it is "slightly" off centered towards the passenger side. It is more noticeable on the 10a/x bumper than the AEV bumper because of the cutout at the bottom for the step. Make sure you like this look before getting it. The reasoning behind it being more to the left is so that the tailgate handle bar is easier to access.
This is a good point, and one of the reasons I went with the TF setup over the AEV carrier, even thought I have their bumpers, hood and wheels. My OCD just couldn't handle the offset spare.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I think the off-centered nature of the AEV unit would drive me crazy. I'm all about symmetry on something like this. I'll probably get the TF or Maximus 3. . .easier installation as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts