Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife gave me permission to get something for my WILLYS JKU. I know I want both items but I can only do one. So do a i do a 2.5 lift and get 35s when the current stocks run out, or do i get a bumper? My concearn is this, without the lift will a bumper lower my front end more? With a lift and not getting bigger tires until later will have any problems or just look silly?

Any help yall can provide would be apprciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Leroy

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I would do lift and tires together. If you only do a lift, then you need an alignment and etc. then, when u put aftermarket wheels/tires, u still need an alignment- just more work, plus it does look silly, well it did on mine for a week end with 29" tires :). I hated it.

I wouldn't do anything else but lift and tires before moving to anything else. IMHO

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Thanks, maybe ill ask the wife if we can just bank it in anticipation of a lift
Now you're thinking like Fred Flintstone, by the end of the episode! ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My wife gave me permission to get something for my WILLYS JKU. I know I want both items but I can only do one. So do a i do a 2.5 lift and get 35s when the current stocks run out, or do i get a bumper? My concearn is this, without the lift will a bumper lower my front end more? With a lift and not getting bigger tires until later will have any problems or just look silly?

Any help yall can provide would be apprciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Leroy
A real lift or pucks , if a real lift then the lift and you can do the alignment yourself if needed

If pucks then get the bumper

·
Registered
614 Posts
I chose to do a bumper/stinger first. I know what I want my Jeep to be and I'm working towards that goal.

However, a 2.5" lift with 35" tires looks nice. I bet a Willys would look even better lifted!

BTW, what kind of lift are you looking at?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, what kind of lift are you looking at?
I have absolutley no idea lol. Seems as if there are tons of options, i am thinking around a $600 dollar lift. The majority of my wheeling occurs in cow pastures and traversing hunting trails. The biggest obstacle i go through is a pond which is about 2ft deep (havent had a problem going through it yet).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honestly I'd go for the bumper first and a winch if you can swing that also. Only thoughts being Recovery gear is always good to have. Besides Tires wear out soooooo you'll have to buy them anyways right?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly I'd go for the bumper first and a winch if you can swing that also. Only thoughts being Recovery gear is always good to have.
I am in agreement with you; however, my concearn is that the extra weight may drop my front end which would not be good for going through that pond (going to be deer hunting that property this fall).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go with the lift.
In my opinion a new bumper wont increase the off road performance of your Jeep ( unless you get a winch i guess ). A 2.5" lift will give you some more clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts