Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive been wanting an aftermarket bumper for a while now and I just found out that stubby bumpers are illegal where I live so i need a full size one. So far the only one Ive found that I like is the Bestop HighRock, anyone else know of some good full length bumpers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmm, the one for the TJ doesnt look great. The JK ones looks awesome, its like no one cares about making TJ gear anymore

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
ive got a smittybilt src with grill guard, I love it. its tough. looks sharp and bolted right on. I even hit an owl one night with it, no damage. slid off the road on ice, hit a steel road marker, no damage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thanks man. Its funny cause right as my phone buzzed for the email notification i was like "Hey! I havent looked at smittybilt yet!" Yea it looks pretty sick, i think i might have to go with it

·
Knows a couple things...
49,713 Posts
Here's a Smittybilt SRC after a minor impact, take a look at how thin the tubing is that the Chinese use to make it with. Click on the photo to make it bigger...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
yea I thinly that was probably a substantial hit, mine held up without a scratch hitting a big owl at 55. and the road marker at 35. mine anyway is good, perhaps an anomaly, but its good enough for me.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Smitty tubes don't hold up, the plate steel is sturdy enough but consider the the tubes ornamental for anything offroad.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
fair enough, but the steel road marker, if mine was that thin it wouldn't have folded it over, the bumper would've kinked. but it survived

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I assume you wanted the stubby for clearance? How about something with high ends like this one from Body Armor?
Yeaa thats more like it. Something thing like that. And I didnt want the stubby for clearance necessarily but more for the fact of better variety and better looks. Hmm poison sypder, definitely gotta look them up

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not yet. ;) Been doing a lot of shopping and research. Haven't heard anything but positive feedback on their bumpers, whereas Smittybilt has very mixed reviews. Same price range. Very different level of quality.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts