Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm already lookin into gettin the poison spyder brawler lite with brawler bar front bumper. But I was thinkin of gettin the rock brawler with tire carrier rear bumper as well. Besides bein pricey are there any drawbacks from this rear bumper/carrier? What are some other good rear bumpers/carriers. Pics would be appreciated with any info

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I'm already lookin into gettin the poison spyder brawler lite with brawler bar front bumper. But I was thinkin of gettin the rock brawler with tire carrier rear bumper as well. Besides bein pricey are there any drawbacks from this rear bumper/carrier? What are some other good rear bumpers/carriers. Pics would be appreciated with any info
Have you seen the mega front and rear bumper threads? Lots of good info.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've skimmed it I was more of just wondering about the poison spyder rear bumper/carrier would rather match my front an rear bumper..better look in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also was wondering if this bumper combo front an rear would make a 2.5" teraflex suspension lift sag a lot? Kinda worried bout that even though I'm only gonna be running 33x12.50x15's for now atleast

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Also was wondering if this bumper combo front an rear would make a 2.5" teraflex suspension lift sag a lot? Kinda worried bout that even though I'm only gonna be running 33x12.50x15's for now atleast
The good news is that TF coils are stronger and more resistant to sagging than something like sky jacker with repeated years of sagging reports. TF assumes that your going to add at least a new front bumper/heavy winch so the coils up there won't sag as much. They will come down a little but most report its not noticeable or it didn't. I'll let you know how mine handles the new bumper. I'm running their 2.5 coil kit with shocks and I ripped off my stock bumper wheeling a few weeks back. I'm looking up a new one right now.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty thanks a lot. I'm deff gettin the front an ill probably get the rear for more support an strength. I know a stock carrier can handle 33's for the most part but I really didn't feel like messing anything up on or around the tailgate so just bein better off safe then sorry!

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
It's mostly what you like the looks/functionality of. I was looking at rear bumper/carriers before I decided to go with the Smittybilt carrier and put off buying the rear bumper (other mods wanted first).

One that I was strongly considering was the LOD Stubby. LOD makes both a stubby and full size with 2 different types of carriers: Either integrated into the tailgate (one handed opening) or not integrated.

Most of the decent bumper/carrier combos are around $1000.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I've found the poison spyder front is 588.00 an the rear carrier/bumper is something like 1,275.00 so pretty expensive but I do love the look of both. They will probably be a much later mod, gettin tires/wheels for myself near Christmas an a 2.5" lift a while after that

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well honestly I think its a good investment considering it'll hold up to a 42" tire. I'm only goin 33's for now but years down the road after I put some years on my jeep I'd be more then happy to throw some 37's on there an fix it up even more

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm right there with you not on the loans part but money is still on a budget. I'm gonna get my tires an wheels first. Might take the spare tire carrier off an jus wrap my spare up an try to find someway to hide it in the back incase of a flat till I have enough money for the rear tire carrier/bumper or jus get the extended bumpstops an put on the rear so there is no rattle. Either way ill be fine considering I barely have to open the tailgate anyway

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Some look good without the carrier I've seen a few decent ones but if you have a four door the tire fits great in the back two doors, not so mich

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea have a 2 but I might remove the backseat, haven't used it once since I bought my jeep 2 months ago lol we will see when the time gets here I guess

1 - 18 of 18 Posts