Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Bumper Should I Get?

• Four Real Steel Krusher Jr.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Toys By Troy Rock Bumper

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Fabtech Prerunner

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty

Votes: 17 54.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I like the Rugged Ridge. All tub just looks too much like a desert runner. The Rugged Ridge looks like an ARB bumper, which I like too.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Personally and I can speak from experience. Troy's stuff is junk. That bumper very rarely fits most winches and Troy is a huge PITA to deal with.

I like the Fabtech bumper and have been thinking about picking that up or building something similar.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
I'd choose any of the other three before I'd take the Rugged Ridge. Too big/massive appearing for the front of a Jeep for me, even though I realize it does a better job of protection.

For rock crawling which is popular in your home state of Arizona like it is here in SOCAL, I prefer a stubby that gives a better approach angle. I had Zach at AtoZ Fabrication make up this one... 44" long, stinger, built-in winch mount, shackle tabs, and light tabs. It turned out great, Zach does great work. :)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - I've been doing some more lookin' and am liking the looks of the Hanson 52" bumper with the hoop... but I can't see spending $600 on a front bumper :(

I think I'm leaning twords the Fabtech now because of zero tire interference.

Anyone else have pics of what they are running?

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is my homemade fabtech/foureal obviously my pick!:)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its just the bottom thats the FRS right? I can't remember, but did you fab the whole thing or chop 2 bumpers up?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I'd like the front of my jeep looking like an arrowheard.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i fabbed the whole thing mostly FT looking except for lower hoop is FRS looking

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Ok - I've been doing some more lookin' and am liking the looks of the Hanson 52" bumper with the hoop... but I can't see spending $600 on a front bumper :(

I think I'm leaning twords the Fabtech now because of zero tire interference.

Anyone else have pics of what they are running?
The best top High Rock looks similar to the Hanson but for less money.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
meh... yeah, but I don't like it stretching all the way from the outside of the fender to the other....

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've got the Fab-tech bumper and I like it. It's solid, and well built the only thing is that you need to purchase fog light extensions for about $25. Trail Gear has a similar bumper (like the Fab-Tech) and I think it's cheaper price wise but their quality is top-notch

·
Registered
489 Posts
Tube Bumpers!!!

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if I'm not willing to spend $600+ on a Hanson, then an ARB is outta the question.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I just bought the Model SRC from Rugged Ridge. Nice all around, it has excellent protection, spots for extra stuff and is rugged. I'm adding a Milemarker winch this weekend so I'll let you know if it goes wrong. (I do not forsee any issues, I already installed the mounting plate without any problems.)

ABS has a similar unit but is much more expensive but can knock down a house. Pocket the extra cash and buy a winch...that's what I did .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts