Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With heavy/more then stock (26?) how much of lift do you go down. Does spacers hold up the same as springs (not heavy duty/regular).

I am going to get arb bumper, have read its about 95/even if 125 how much does this do to front height. 1/4inch or 1inch.

When you get a 3inch springs/front which nets you 4 because you go down 1inch with bumper weight/winch or not, do you still need components of a lift kit to make sure your good, since your above 3inch or are you still ok being at not higher then 3inch lift because you only net 3 being due to bumper weight.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
This is my setup...
OE fenders/PS aluminum are about the same so i'm not including them.

OE Front w/ tow hooks 36.4lbs
OE Rear 15 lbs
OE tire carrier 20lbs
OE Willys wheels/tires 365lbs (25 wheels, 48 tires x5)
436.4lbs

PS Brawler Lite 64lbs
Brawler Rear 57lbs
Maximus Tire Carrier 45lbs
Maximus add ons 10lbs
Hi Lift Jack 30lbs
rotopax 21lbs w/ gas
XHD wheels w/ KO2's 492.5lbs (32 wheels, 66.5 tires x5)
XHD wheel protectors 30lbs (6 each)
WKO Sliders 116
Warn Zeon 10 Synthetic 75

865.5 - 436.4 = 504.1 additional weight not including all the gear I have that's kept in the jeep on a daily basis.

I run RK 2.5 triple rates and i'm sure if it even went down. I haven't measured before/after but they do hold weight pretty good based on my observation.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my setup...
OE fenders/PS aluminum are about the same so i'm not including them.

OE Front w/ tow hooks 36.4lbs
OE Rear 15 lbs
OE tire carrier 20lbs
OE Willys wheels/tires 365lbs (25 wheels, 48 tires x5)
436.4lbs

PS Brawler Lite 64lbs
Brawler Rear 57lbs
Maximus Tire Carrier 45lbs
Maximus add ons 10lbs
Hi Lift Jack 30lbs
rotopax 21lbs w/ gas
XHD wheels w/ KO2's 492.5lbs (32 wheels, 66.5 tires x5)
XHD wheel protectors 30lbs (6 each)
WKO Sliders 116
Warn Zeon 10 Synthetic 75

865.5 - 436.4 = 504.1 additional weight not including all the gear I have that's kept in the jeep on a daily basis.

I run RK 2.5 triple rates and i'm sure if it even went down. I haven't measured before/after but they do hold weight pretty good based on my observation.
I only have spacers now (and getting springs/but not now) and didn't want the front to sag (wouldn't get back bumper now/money) before I figure out what springs I want.

I ripped off the stock bumper because I looks fake, so I have been driving around with the inside bumper/a rhino looking bumper. I coiuld get the arb front bumper (no bull/winch now) before I figure the spring height I want but didn't want to sag/create a rake (after getting it level/by having 2.5 in front and .5 spacers in back).

So based on what your saying 500 doesn't make much of a diff. in terms of overall height. I just need to see what it does to front alone and then back.

Prob will get bumpers before springs so I know what they do to the height wise. Then the last things I will get will be springs and shocks.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
it is easy to check just find someone who weighs 100lbs and have them sit on the bumper and you will see how much you loose.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
@dawhitesJKU remember you can only the difference in tire weight for the spare only as the other tires/wheels have no effect on sprung weight. so you are closer to 400lbs over total.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU
1 - 6 of 6 Posts