Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LJ has a 2" BDS coil lift and 1.25" BL (for my tummy tuck). The front end definitely sits lower likely due to the added weight of the winch and bumper. Trying to decide if I go to HD springs of some kind, 3" springs or just throw in a .75" spacer up front. Any reasons you can think of why the spacer isn't a good idea? Sure would be the cheap and easy way... TIA

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
i have that exact setup and went to 3" BDS springs after installing a winch. they run about $115 a pair
BINGO! That's the way to do it. I do that (1" taller front springs) on all of my Jeeps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,902 Posts
yes, but I am running the fox shocks that were too large for the 2" kit so they worked well for the situation. couldnt tell you if the 2" fox shocks still run large or how it would be with the BDS shocks, but it shouldnt be an issue as the shock travel should remain similar.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

BINGO! That's the way to do it. I do that (1" taller front springs) on all of my Jeeps.
I ordered the .75" RE spacers and installed them. Basically no difference. They were at most .25" bigger than stock. So... I pulled the trigger on the 3" BDS springs and new Fox Shox. Couldn't be happier. I did leave the RE .75" spacers on, too.

Before:

IMG_0768 by johnmoore70, on Flickr

After:

IMG_0773 2 by johnmoore70, on Flickr[/IMG]

Funny how far it's come since I brought it home...

IMG_0622 by johnmoore70, on Flickr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts