Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so Last week I finished making a new bumper/tire carrier/gas can and hi-lift holder. I based it on a four real steel design, and finished it with some spray on bedliner. Just wondering if you guys dig it. Let me know.
http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/tat2dnova/?action=view&current=Picture1.gif
Just beginning.http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/tat2dnova/?action=view&current=Picture2.gif
In progress.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/tat2dnova/?action=view&current=Picture3.gif
On the trail.
Will post some better pictures another day.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Looks a little wimpy to me. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that it is tough, just doesn't look tough. Just my opinion, and hope you don't take it the wrong way.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I like it! What tubing did you use? Also, do you have any pics of the spindle?

Here's the pics (click free):

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
I like it! What tubing did you use? Also, do you have any pics of the spindle?

QUOTE]

A flat fendor guy, liking a tuge bumber???????? Now I really have heard, and seen, it all.
Ha! It looks really good on his rig. And I can really appreciate a person who has the balls to build something that nice themselves. I personally don't have that talent but I have great respect for someone who does. If I tried it it would look like a crushed beer can. :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It's all made out of sch. 40 pipe. Cheesy as it may look (ahem, not my words) you have to remember that sch. 40 is almost twice as thick as the frame and will take quite a pounding. The front is made the same way, and it's been slammed into some rocks and other things without a dent or deep scratch, built to last forever Everything is gussetted with 1/4" plate and fully welded front and back with 4 frame attachements per side and all brackets at least 1/4" thick. Everything rides on hard rubber bushings, and even on the trip I took wheeling last weekend, nothing squeeked or rattled except the hi-lift handle. I'll post some pics of the spindle and some good finished close ups when I take them.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
It's all made out of sch. 40 pipe. Cheesy as it may look (ahem, not my words) you have to remember that sch. 40 is almost twice as thick as the frame and will take quite a pounding. The front is made the same way, and it's been slammed into some rocks and other things without a dent or deep scratch, built to last forever Everything is gussetted with 1/4" plate and fully welded front and back with 4 frame attachements per side and all brackets at least 1/4" thick. Everything rides on hard rubber bushings, and even on the trip I took wheeling last weekend, nothing squeeked or rattled except the hi-lift handle. I'll post some pics of the spindle and some good finished close ups when I take them.

Sounds like you put some careful thought into it. It also sounds like it is built stronger than anything you could buy out of a Quadratec catalogue. Good job and nice work!:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like it all as well me and a friend will be getting together to build some for mine in the near future. Do you have a bender or did you do it the hard way?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts