Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2000, new top, new tires, great finish. Still looks new except for the horribly faded bumpers (fenders). Instead of black, they're always a pretty light gray.

I've tried a few things, but they always wear or wash off.

Any ideas?

THANKS.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I leave mine faded to match my hair. Gray is dignified.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I tried it all i think. My best results have been Fusion flat black paint.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used ArmorAll Outlast Trim & Plastic Restorer on my flares. It helped as the flares are now black but not a really deep black like when they are new. I have seen new sets of flares for under $200 at Quadratec. That will be my route eventually.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
For the metal bumper I used Rustoleum black paint and used a brush, because I didn't want to unbolt the sucker (Wisconsin=rusty fasteners). For the bulbous plasric end caps use the products mentioned above for the flares.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Check out "forever black". Its a dye for vinyl n plastics. Lasts 3+ yrs.
If anyone can get FB to go on without streaks please post your technique. Otherwise it does go on black and has been holding up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try using a heat gun to slowly heat them up which pulls the oils back to the surface. If that doesn't work I would plastidip them. Paint is likely to chip off if the fenders flex at all or a rock hits them. You could also try back to black from McGuire's

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you mean by 'bumpers (fenders)'? Is it your bumpers, fender..flares? Or both?
I typed bumper in the title, but suppose I'm referring to the flares. Not sure of the difference between fenders & flares.

Would rather spray or wipe something on rather than paint. If it lasts a few months, that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I typed bumper in the title, but suppose I'm referring to the flares. Not sure of the difference between fenders & flares.

Would rather spray or wipe something on rather than paint. If it lasts a few months, that's good enough for me.
Foreverblack.com lasts 3+ yrs perfect for that type of maint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts