Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I get first upgraded front and rear bumpers and KC lights or a lift kit? Looking at a warrior bumpers and a 2 inch suspension lift from rough country. What do you guys think?

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,104 Posts
What all have you done to the Jeep so far and what kind of wheeling (if any) will you be doing.

That's pretty much what any of us would ask ourselves before making a purchase. What do we "need" to accomplish X

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've never considered bumpers to add to the offroad capability of a Jeep. I just cut my stocker down to the frame to open up the front tires for climbing up on stuff. I'm fine with the back bumper too and just let it absorb the rocks it falls on.

Unless you offroad at night, lights are useless too. My nearest ORP doesn't allow night wheeling so I wasted money there on my lights. I also mounted them in one of the worst spots possible and they are now considered "tree magnets". So far I've been lucky and they are still there.

A quality lift can go a long way and open up trails that previously were not possible. However, so can armor and lockers.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I did bumper first, but I did the smittybilt src front with grill guard. I live where deer are suicidal and wanted to protect my jeep before i put more money into it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just hat the plastic stuff on my bumper and I wanted an upgrade to mount a winch eventually but I have 31 inch tires that are brand new so just wanted a 2 in suspension lift is that even worth the money? Will it help the ride and off tossing as much as it costs?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
What should I get first upgraded front and rear bumpers and KC lights or a lift kit? Looking at a warrior bumpers and a 2 inch suspension lift from rough country. What do you guys think?
If I had a bone stock jeep, the first thing I would do is get a decent winch and a front bumper to functionally complement the winch. Then I would do a 2-3 lift. Then I would do a 1-1.25" body lift. Then I would do the rear bumper that has a built in tire carrier, then I would do 5-33" tires. Then I would address the rear axle to a D44 or 8.8. Then I would get proper gearing and lockers...tummy tuck...skids...list goes on and on...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dextreme said:
If I had a bone stock jeep, the first thing I would do is get a decent winch and a front bumper to functionally complement the winch. Then I would do a 2-3 lift. Then I would do a 1-1.25" body lift. Then I would do the rear bumper that has a built in tire carrier, then I would do 5-33" tires. Then I would address the rear axle to a D44 or 8.8. Then I would get proper gearing and lockers...tummy tuck...skids...list goes on and on...
So your saying go for the bumper first?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If i had to do it again. I would have invested in bumpers first. IMHO armor and protection are more important than a lift.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NoWayOut_TJ said:
If i had to do it again. I would have invested in bumpers first. IMHO armor and protection are more important than a lift.
Do you recommend and side rock gaurds that aren't going to kill my wallet??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts