Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new rims and tires on my JK 12 and now I feel every bump that we hit. Almost like every bump wobbles a little bit when it hits do I need a steering stabilizer or new shocks

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Without any additional details (miles on the Jeep, suspension mods, tire size, etc.), my guess is it's most likely your air pressure in your tires (too high).

For the record, my 35's are "happy" at 28-29 PSI.

This should help - YouTube: Chalk Test tires

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could be those things, but do a chalk test on the tires. If you got larger tires they may be inflated way too high for a light vehicle like a JK.

Take a stick of chalk and draw a line across the tread of the tire. Then drive 50' forward and back again. You'll probably see that the chalk wears off only in the center of the tire. Let some air out and repeat until the chalk is rubbing off evenly across the tread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's not due to pressure....I put 33" nitto's with 18" XD Cranks and the front end seems to feel and resonate every bump now.....I thought with the larger tires and run offset I may need a stabilizer

·
Registered
429 Posts
Also keep in mind many 35's have a higher load rating that the stock tires so they will have a firmer sidewall.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Were you running 18" wheel before (Sahara)?

The GY SR-A tires that come on many Saharas are soft and compliant compared to most AT and any AT. Also, the stock Sahara suspension is about as plush as it gets.

You only need a new stabilizer if the current one is worn out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yeah it's not due to pressure....I put 33" nitto's with 18" XD Cranks and the front end seems to feel and resonate every bump now.....I thought with the larger tires and run offset I may need a stabilizer
So what is the pressure in the wheels , you said it's not but didnt give any numbers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts