Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Ive had a TF 2.5" coil kit since 2016. Ive been able to crawl underneath and see that my bump stops are 1/2-3/4" from hitting its stopping point. This is parked in my garages level floor..surely this cant be normal. I recently bought 37s for my rig so Ive been able to go under there with less effort than before. Sort of a newb but this doesn't look right. Im almost certain they were not like this months ago. All i have is a bumper and a winch on the front.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
How much bump stop do you have? Any pictures? What fenders do you have?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Stock fenders?? 37's and 2 1/2 lift? The bump stops will keep the tires from ripping off the fenders. But,,,, go find a ramp and test them. 3/4 inch of travel is not going to work well. Shock travel also is a factor.

·
Super Moderator
14,574 Posts
Teraflex 2.5 likely has their standard 2.75" upper bump stop in front. If you have the 9550 shocks, they are kind of short, it's not a really good set up to begin with. But if you went to flat fenders, we could probably get some of that bump stop out and increase your travel. Possible spring sag to get you where you are now.

Get a couple pictures of shocks, springs, bump stops, etc and post and we can confirm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts