Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to jumping from 35s to 38s and want to know what size bumpstops I should go with. Im running a 3 inch BDS kit right now and am looking st Synergy 2" 3" or 4" bump spacers

Also, to make the 38x15.5s work, cans someone confirm that axle sleeves, regearing, gussets, and axle shafts are guna keep the Jeep from falling apart?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,563 Posts
Your going to need 3 or 4 most likely 4 depending on your fenders.

Assuming you are starting with a 44 a truss and gussets minimum. Sleeves while the help and I have them they are not nearly as strong as a truss. Don't replace axle shafts until you actually break one. And yes you will need to re-gear, 5.13 at least would be my guess.

Also you are going to need to think about steering. Everything heavy duty and you are going to need hydro assist more than likely. Those are some monster tires.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
4"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your going to need 3 or 4 most likely 4 depending on your fenders.

Assuming you are starting with a 44 a truss and gussets minimum. Sleeves while the help and I have them they are not nearly as strong as a truss. Don't replace axle shafts until you actually break one. And yes you will need to re-gear, 5.13 at least would be my guess.

Also you are going to need to think about steering. Everything heavy duty and you are going to need hydro assist more than likely. Those are some monster tires.
I was looking a truss as well. I was hoping you wouldn't say hydraulic steering lol. But ya definitely heavy duty drag, tie, and track bars. Appreciate the reply

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
I was looking a truss as well. I was hoping you wouldn't say hydraulic steering lol. But ya definitely heavy duty drag, tie, and track bars. Appreciate the reply
Hydro assist is a must have.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Is it just going to be difficult and heavy to steer without the hydraulic steering or am I going to break stuff?
Break stuff... The stock steering box cannot take that much leverage/weight.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
KO2 37's don't need hydro assist fwiw

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts