Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I installed a 2" OME lift kit - and I didnt use ( that is what OME states anyway ) bumpstops/bumpstop extender.

Car rides now confortably (so-so) but what I notice is that the rear seems more bumpy/shaky - specially at speeds.

I.e. if I see a pothole and I go over gently"ish", the suspension copes with it perfectly.

If I do the same pothole but accelarating, it becomes a bit crashy/bumpy.

almost seems that the chassis is torn in two and the front and rear are dealing with the pothole differently.

where can it be the issue ? wrongly installed trackbar ? short swaybar links on the rear ? install bumpstop extenders to limit the travel of the springs ?

thank you for the help.

GP

·
Registered
374 Posts
is your OME lift the HD coil spring kit???

If it's the HD coils spring kit, do you still have stock bumpers or did you add any weight? If you still have stock bumpers, no winch...the ride will be stiff UNTIL you add some weight (Bumpers, winch and larger spare tire). The OME HD coil lift thrives on added weight to smooth the ride out.

The items I added with my OME HD 2" coil spring LT lift.

-Lower front adj control arms- adjusts caster in the front
-Longer adj rear sway bar links
-Adj Front and rear track bars - center the axles vs the re-locate bracket
-2" bumpstops
-Longer brake lines
-coil spring retainer clips
-Adj quick discos in the front
-OME LT shocks

I ran this lift for about 2 weeks until my bumpers,winch and larger tires came in and it was a harsh ride very stiff like a 1 tonne diesel truck hitting bumps. When I got the added weight it smooth out the ride nicely back to near stock.

Another thing to look at are your upper and lower ball joints, as they could be shot and did you change out the stock track bars? If not you could have some play in them.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That jarring feeling at speeds may be your suspension bottoming out because you didn't install the bump stop extensions. They are installed to prevent that from happening.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts