Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to offroadin. Anybody got a review on Bundy hill? I have a pretty stock jeep as far as suspension goes. I went muddin last week and want to stay away from that for the rest of my life! So is Bundy hill a good place or not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey TJ, welcome to the world of off-roading.
Bundy Hill is a pretty neat park/Off-roader's playground... Fairly open with some mud here and there but not a ton (Unless it's rained/snowed) Most of the park is gravel and rocks with trails and hill climbing... Alot of Jeeps go there and have a great time, even in stock form. I went there for the first time last year with my H3 and had a blast... (Got something for any and everyone to enjoy) Left enough of an impression that I'm planning on multiple trips there this summer. Staff was pretty chill as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My stock JKU can go play there - you should be fine - just stick to the easier trails Some of the Southeast chapter of Wicked Jeeps will be there this Sunday playing around as well
I was gonna go but I'm in the military and have drill this weekend. Have fun!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My JK is also Bone stock, really have no off road experience, do they have trails there for newbies?
the trails there aren't really organized at all. You kinda just drive around and look for stuff you can do. Make sure you check backsides of hills though cause a lot of them or made for atvs and it gets extremely narrow and steep on some of them

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting.. Makes me want to try it out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting.. Makes me want to try it out.
it's worth a trip. I thought it would be awesome and that I would go multiple times a month. I planned to spend the whole day there but after about 4 hours I did everything my stock jeep could get through (I skipped the mud though, I can't stand it). They have signs saying don't enter if you don't have lockers and a winch.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I went with the group today and had fun. I took it easy though as the Jeep is only a month old and I haven't been on trails in like 8 years.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I went with the group today and had fun. I took it easy though as the Jeep is only a month old and I haven't been on trails in like 8 years.

Mike.... I think you were in our group on Sunday. I had the Anvil 4 Door. Glad you got to come and play around alittle with your new ride.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Yep that was me. Glad I was able to catch up before I had to bail and head home. I thought it would be easy to find a less intense way back down into the pit. Next thing I knew I was all sorts of lost. haha

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yep that was me. Glad I was able to catch up before I had to bail and head home. I thought it would be easy to find a less intense way back down into the pit. Next thing I knew I was all sorts of lost. haha
Yeah the signage at Bundy is not the greatest....although it is 10X better than it used to be.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
that's why I have a CB and why I follow others :)
There was one decent I was uncomfortable with and I did ask on the CB and got some directions to go around. Either I misunderstood or missed something cause I didn't rejoin the group for quite a while. lol

It was still fun though. Up till I (reasonably, I thought) followed a sign that said "Proceed" with an arrow and ended up on what was going to be the ATV race course and got yelled at. :tomatoes:

·
Registered
523 Posts
New to offroadin. Anybody got a review on Bundy hill? I have a pretty stock jeep as far as suspension goes. I went muddin last week and want to stay away from that for the rest of my life! So is Bundy hill a good place or not?
Yeah that place is great! My club and I go there just about every year! Its got a TON of stuff that a stocker can handle. I would know, I have a stocker too haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
I stopped going to Bundy Hill after a douchbag ATV gunned it past me and nearly threw a rock into my face. If my window had been up it would have shattered it. Also, seemed to me that they don't maintain the trails at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Went to Bundy with a buddy and his wife a couple months ago. They have lifted JKs I had my 4" lifted TJ. First time at the park and can't wait to go back. A lot of different trails. And never know what your jeep will do until you try. Go with friends so you can get pulled out if need be.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts