Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my rear brakes, discs and pads and i replaced the rear passenger caliper cause it was seized and i could smell burning breaks and it smoked alot lol well im still smelling a burning brake smell. Could it just be from the new pads sitting against the disc till they wear a lil? Cause it was a lil tight getting the pads and caliper back on for both sides

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
My rear passenger caliper is doing the same thing, and I am changing it out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
313 Posts
this just happened to me my front right seized up and I replaced both front calipers because I hurd once one goes the other isn't too far behind so if I were you id do the other that you didn't replace just a thought that one could be starting to sieze and is your jeep pulling to the left or right when you hit the gas or break cause mine was a stuck front right and when id hit the break it would pull left and it would go right when accelerating.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its not pulling and it wasnt smoking but one other thing is when i take a left corner and put weight on the back right tire i can hear its scrub a lil it that ok?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Usually in the beginning of my jeeping season my first hour trip. I get done and my jeep is smelling of breaks and it's hot!! But after one time of being hot. They r good to go. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts