Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my water pump replaced over a month ago on my 13 JKUR and the water sound in my dash just won't stop. I know there are a lot of threads on this and I've read a lot of them. I've looked everywhere for a leak and I've lifted the front up turned the heat on removed the cap and watch bubbles come out all four times I've let in run from 20 to 45 min each time depending on how hot the coolent got and I still hear the waterfall every morning and evening when I get off work.
And of coarse the steelership says it's fine.
What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you keep seeing bubbles come out after driving it a fair bit, chances are you have a leaking head gasket. If the dealership wont check it, just go somewhere and pay a few bucks to have them test the coolant for signs of exhaust gases. You can also pressure check the system but for really small leaks they can be hard to detect.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you keep seeing bubbles come out after driving it a fair bit, chances are you have a leaking head gasket. If the dealership wont check it, just go somewhere and pay a few bucks to have them test the coolant for signs of exhaust gases. You can also pressure check the system but for really small leaks they can be hard to detect.
Wow that's a bummer .. Thanks for the help I new it had to be something

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Put it on ramps, pull off cap and let it run for 30 min or so. Then sit with cap off till completely cools

·
Registered
49 Posts
certain that the radiator is completely filled? I replaced my water pump on my '08 liberty (i know i know...but i got rid of it and got a real jeep since) with the 3.7 liter engine. It took ALOT of effort to get the thing topped off. To the point I thought the system was full, drove around the block a minute, and it started over heating. I got home, waited for the system to cool down a bit, and opened it up. Put more coolant in, and it still was not full. I finally let it run with the heat on for a while, with the radiator cap open, and the air worked its way out. I think I squeezed on the lower hose some as well. Be careful, when the air finally did come out, it was pretty violent and splashed hot coolant everywhere, but it did the trick.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Had that problem too. Radiator wasn't filled properly or burped properly or filled properly. Plus Chrysler has these valves on the lines. You need to really get that front end jacked up, be ready for a friggun mess and let it go with that heat cranked for 20+ plus minutes. It's annoying as all hell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, don't know if this is the same problem but, I had an issue where my resivior tank last month, it would bubble up from heat after driving. the problem was that the thermostat was sticking, I replaced it for 50 dollars at orielys auto parts, did it in 10 mins in the parking lot and no more gurlgling sound. Check to see on if the needle on your dash for temp is normal or not. also If you are getting fluid from the side of the engine, then its probably a cracked head or leaky gasket. check the color too, it will tell you a lot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help y'all... Turned out to be a cracked thermostat housing but I never saw a leak

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update ...😖 that didn't fix it!! I picked I up Thursday night no waterfall.. Friday morning no waterfall then Friday when I got off work just a little water noise.. I figured they couldn't get all the air out but sat morning it was full blown Niagara Falls.. So back to the stealrship Monday.. Not happy

·
Registered
20 Posts
just curious, this water fall noise, Does it sound like bubbling or water hitting the ground? are there visible leaks underneath your jeep? are there pavement spots? if there is, check to see what kind of fluid it is... your coolant is sweet. you can also pressure test your radiator/ cooling system to see if there is a leak. next time you hear the waterfall sound, open your hood and check the coolant resivoir for bubbling. also check to see if you have lower coolant levels, this will help pin point your problem. Dont stress out.. just take your time and cancel out the possibilities. the engine and cooling systems are very simple.
It took me forever to figure mine out. My thermostat was sticking and the coolant was over heating/ bubbling in my resivior making a gurgling sound(very Loud).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My 12 did the same thing forever.
Dealer must have flushed it six times and it would still woosh and gurgle at startup.

Get one of these and it will help get all of the trapped air out of your cooling system.
Lisle funnel...
Lisle 24680 - Spill-Free™ Funnel | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Helps to put the front end on ramps or park on some stairs while your doing it.
Stupid heater core is above the radiator fill neck so it's difficult to get the air out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks I'll give it a try.. Dealer ship has flushed and burped and pressure tested and checked the oil for antifreeze and it still dose it .. 3 times its been in sense my water pump was replaced ..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts