Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i start the jeep up, i get this weird sloshing sound behind the dash, from research, it seems the issue is the coolant system having air bubbles. So when i burp it, Do you HAVE to fill it to the max while burping, or can you just open the cap and run the car for a bit without filling?
Also, all you gotta do is just lift the front end or park uphill right? No need to mess with the thermostat? the jeep is only a week old.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I usually fill it up as much as I can and start her up capless and let it run its course.

If the jeep is a week old take it in and have it serviced for free, they might have under filled it

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
There's a special funnel that does the trick on these JK's. The heater core inlet tube is placed above the top of the radiator fill neck so it's really tough to get all the air out.

Lysle funnel I think they call it.

Most auto parts stores can get one in a day or two.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
IF its a new jeep wait it out. I had the same issue and posted about it. A lot of people had it with their new jeeps and it just went away. Mine did after a couple months.

·
Retired Moderator
100,598 Posts
So when i start the jeep up, i get this weird sloshing sound behind the dash, from research, it seems the issue is the coolant system having air bubbles. So when i burp it, Do you HAVE to fill it to the max while burping, or can you just open the cap and run the car for a bit without filling?
Also, all you gotta do is just lift the front end or park uphill right? No need to mess with the thermostat? the jeep is only a week old.
It sounds like you have a new wrangler. 2014, or 2015. If this is true, then make sure if you have to add antifreeze, that you only add OAT Antifreeze. Other types are not compatible!!!!FYI

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool guys, thanks for the info. I'll give it a couple months and see how it goes. If it doesn't go away, do the dealer she goes :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread! I keep forgetting that I have this exact same issue in my used 2008. It just doesn't seem like a big enough problem to raise a fuss over. But I'll also take a look at topping it off. Two months in and the sound has not gotten worse or gone away.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
If its an 08 it might not be the same issue. I heard a sloshing around of fluid behind the dash board when I would first start and drive the jeep. Others with new jeeps heard the same and it simply went away. I don't think a 7 year old jeep should be doing that. If I remember right people were saying it was the heater core.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts