Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my fender flares delivered today. I'm looking to install them sometime this week (assuming I can find the time). Any helpful tricks or tips for a smooth install?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one suggestion.

Check the box for all the parts before you start!!!!!

I attempted to install mine this morning and one of the parts was not in the box.

Now I have a fender-less jeep that I cant drive.

I cant tell you how angry I am with Bushwacker. You spend all that money and they cant even send you all the parts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will most certainly do that. Nice avatar btw.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My sound dumb, take your tires off. Was cursing a lot when I did mine, then my brother said take the tire off. Duh, so much esier.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good luck removing your stock flares, you're gonna be very annoyed...it's simple straight forward, however, there's no clearance to get a socket in, and the bolts are pretty long so it'll spin forever before it's free, and some are captive bolts, so you gotta hold the plastic thing behind it or else it'll spin forever. For the rear, some bolts are captive and held BEHIND the freaking fender wells, so you gotta go through the fender wells to get to it...

get one of these 5/16 is the size for the bolts..

will save lot of time

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just did mine. U can do the front easy. I sprayed the bolts with wd40 and used an 8mm ratchet wrench. To get the rear inner fenders out easier take the wheels and tires off. I fought the first one. The bolts were a pain and I couldn't hold the capture nuts. Then when i sprayed them with wd40 I could hold them with my fingers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Spool said:
Good luck removing your stock flares, you're gonna be very annoyed...it's simple straight forward, however, there's no clearance to get a socket in, and the bolts are pretty long so it'll spin forever before it's free, and some are captive bolts, so you gotta hold the plastic thing behind it or else it'll spin forever. For the rear, some bolts are captive and held BEHIND the freaking fender wells, so you gotta go through the fender wells to get to it...

get one of these 5/16 is the size for the bolts..

will save lot of time
Lol....one of each of those in 5/16?
Wish we all had this many options of every size wrench

1 - 7 of 7 Posts